Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Time out with a Best Friend

Some times we just need a time out from life, plain and simple. A safe haven to relax, bounce new craft  ideas around, plan your future, get a handle on life. And of course, just eat, drink and be merry!! That safe place for me is with my BFF, Sue. We have known each other for over 30 years,

and have been thru it all. She lives 3 hours away, so getting together is an effort in our busy lives and we make the most of it when we do. She has 3 beautiful daughters, one who grew up with mine : 

It was so nice to see them and have a little celebration dinner, actually a crab and lobster feast that got our visit off to a great start!!!


And ended way too soon! We made new discoveries:
Like this humming bird nest, right outside her studio window!!!! How cool is that!
And just relaxed and enjoyed the view.


Alas, today I will take my book on tape, and make the long drive home. I will take all of this newly injected encouragement I get from my best friend, and start a new job, new crafts, and a new view on life in general and go on with daily tasks of living life to the fullest.
Thank you, my dearest, bestest friend! (and Sam, and Sarah)! Until next time....love ya!!

4 comments:

Carol D. said...

It is so wonderful to have friends like that. And I too love my books on CD for the car.

Annette said...

So glad you had a good time and can go home rejuvenated. I want some crab and lobster now!

Where You Hang Your Heart said...

That's really cool! The food looks yummy and the hummingbird nest is an awesome thing to see!

Lori P said...

Sounds like so much fun! I'm envious - I'm seven hours away from my BFF. :(