Sunday, September 27, 2009

New Fabric Technique


I've been working on a new purse for the last two days, using a new (for me) technique. I found this in a book called "Fabricate", by Susan Wasinger. It is a great book with alot of  sewing project ideas. This method, called "tumbled frays" was used in her book as a rug made out of denim. I applied it on a smaller scale for this purse. It was alot of work, but I love the results. Here are some preview pictures. I'm not quite done with the details yet. What do you think? (click on pics to enlarge)

2 comments:

Little Waltz said...

I think it came out lovely. At first glance you don't realise it's a purse. It makes you take a second look. and then a third. I think when you have done something brilliantly, it makes people want to stare at it again and again and again.

I think you've achieved it here. Good job!

Angie said...

very interesting. I have a stockpile of assorted denim that I've been wanting to repurpose (is that the right word?) into purses, bags, etc. Maybe recycle would be a better word!