Monday, November 23, 2009

Roasted Tomato Appetizer

The Holidays are coming up quickly, don’t they always?  I am always looking for a new appetizer that it quick to serve and delicious, of course!! My friend, Ann, came up with this recipe, and is one of my favorite standbys of all time. It is a great way to use tomatoes of all shapes and sizes and degree of ripeness. Hope you enjoy it too!
****Recipe****
Set oven to 300*
line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, this keeps the tomatoes from browning too fast
2- 16 ounce containers of cherry tomatoes (cut each in half)
IMG_1685
Toss with about 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar, and roughly chopped garlic (to your liking)
IMG_1686
Bake for about 1  1/2 hours
IMG_1694
They should look all shriveled and somewhat dry.
At this point, adjust the oil and vinegar, if more is needed, and salt and pepper to taste. Store in a jar in fridge. Should keep for about a week or two. LOL!!! Mine don’t make it that long before I eat them!
jar
I love to serve these with goat cheese on crackers or toasted baguettes. 
IMG_1713  
crackers with cheese






 Enjoy and have a great Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

Lori P said...

This looks SO good! I love little appetizers like this and it looks quite doable. thanks for the post. I've bookmarked the recipe.