Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Precious memories and empty reminders...


Another precious, whirlwind trip has come and gone. It is so sad to see the empty bed and high chair that will be packed away until the next visit. The spilled snacks and blocks spread out on the floor, is the only evidence left of my grandson's presence here.

Jake, Cori and Alex are starting the last leg of their move, from Portland to Albuquerque. A grueling 3 day drive with 2 cars, the cat and a 13 month old baby. I can't say I envy them. What was a 2 hour total, visiting trip, will now turn into about 5 hours and make them a little fewer in between. I will miss them all so much! (I already do) Jake is taking such good care of his family, securing their future with a great new job! The three of them against the world! I am so proud of them all! In a few months they will be settled in and exploring the new landscape and enjoying new adventures together, and I can't wait to visit again. Until then, daily routines settle back to "normal" around here and life goes on........Thank God for memories like these:
sharing lunch
smelling flowers 
and laughter!
 Until next time, I love you!!!!     XOXOXOX  Grandma

3 comments:

Annette said...

I wish I could give you a hug! I'm glad you had the time with them that you did. It looks and sounds like you had a great time!

debi said...

Thanks Annette, it was a really quick visit....but it was great!

Lori P said...

He is just adorable. Hope their trip went okay. I did seven hours with a cat and a teenager and it was grueling. :)