Saturday, April 3, 2010

Fair Weather Walkers

It is curious to me how many people walk, everyday, all the time, with their dogs, without their dogs, or ride their bikes, in any weather, up here in Portland! Before I came up here (for my grandson's birth, and no, he is not born yet)!,  I planned on walking to the little coffee shop, just down the street, every morning. And have I done that? Not once.. We have walked up to Starbucks a few blocks away numerous times, but the weather was nice then. People up here walk all the time! I can't figure out if they love the rain or are going stir crazy and just need to get out! All I know is, in the Sacramento area, you wouldn't think of walking in the rain! And bad,( gained 10 lbs since I've been up here), me, just doesn't think about walking much at all.....maybe when it gets back up to 70*....

2 comments:

Inés Beatriz said...

haha Im from vancouver and it can rain a lot here. One gets used to it out of necessity in winter. Although, the die hards who still bike to work when its pouring never fail to amaze me either!!! Wear some wellies to keep those toes dry and enjoy the fresh air ;)

Pat said...

I'm from England and if waited for 70, we'd hardly ever get out :lol:

I walk daily, I enjoy it, my dog enjoys it and we both feel better for it :)