Monday, April 19, 2010

Love/Hate relationship with leather!

I have been on an emotional roller coaster ride with all things....leather. Sometimes my sewing machines will sew it, other times not. I bought a machine specifically for working on leather, because my sister-in-law uses it for all her leather work. It worked for awhile, then stopped...sometimes. My brand new Singer sometimes sews on leather, other times not. SO frustrating. I have a ton of leather samples and scraps! I gave my daughter and old Pfaff and used it to fix her sofa slipcover, fell in love! Since she doesn't sew at all, I shipped it back home and have been having a blast sewing ON LEATHER! 
I recently sold one leather sunglass case I had, so I decided to make some more. They are so much fun and another creative outlet for me, (besides handbags). I also needed a case to keep my cell phone and speaker set together in my purse, so made one. My son recently bought a new guitar, so I copied it the best I could, and made one for him too. Here are the results. What do you think?



2 comments:

cutethings6 said...

Oooooh the leather cases are so cute Debi, and what a clever idea they are! You are soooooo talented! Your mind must be working 24/7 thinking up all these new ideas LOL!

Well I hope you're having fun with the new/old machine.
Take care,
Laurie

Lori P said...

These are great. I was surprised that my old Singer sews leather. In the back of my mind, I'm always wondering if it's just going to die on me after sewing leather.