Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Let the Landscaping Begin!

Well, today is the day the ripping begins. No more weeds, no more plum tree, hiding spots for the raccoons and skunks, mo more old tools and junk. It also will be VERY BARE for awhile. I ran around taking pics from all angles, picked the last of the roses and lemons.



The back 1/3 of our yard has been a chore for the last 13 years. It was originally an orchard and garden of sorts, neglected from the first home owner. I transformed it into a beautiful oasis (as seen here)  http://do-rahdesigns.blogspot.com/2010/04/dont-let-this-happen-to-you.html  
but then went to work full time and it slowly reverted back to neglect. We decided, since we are getting too old and feeble, to put in sod and be done with it. Here is the view from my little lookout on my patio, were I sit and do all my computer work with my morning coffee, as it looks today:


Tomorrow I will be looking at the fence into my neighbors yard. Not thrilled about that. Well, wish me luck, there is alot of work ahead! Once it's all cleared out we will figure out what to plant against the fences. I'll be back to post the progress pictures as they come. Have a great day!

2 comments:

cabin + cub said...

Love the photo of the lemons and roses... so pretty. And wow, what a lush yard! I am envious.. we have just a little balcony to grow things. ;)

Lori P said...

I can not wait to see the pictures!